Episode #13: Pivoting a Brick and Mortar and Creating Impactful Online Marketing Strategies with Kara Kennedy, Co-Founder of Little White Sneakers
In this week’s episode, I chat with Kara Kennedy, Co-Founder of Little White Sneakers, all about building a brick and mortar business, pivoting during the pandemic, and creating exceptional marketing campaigns.
With a background in small business marketing, Kara was inspired to start her own business. Aware of the volume of clothes her three kids went through and the negative impact on both her wallet and the planet she was inspired to make a difference.
Little White Sneakers (named after a pair of shoes her daughter only wore 3 times) was born. It offers parents a positive alternative to fast fashion with resale, overstock and new high quality brands (many locally made).
“We've tried to change the image and the perception of retail. Shopping “used” is actually a really smart, hip and trendy way that's really helping the planet.” - Kara, Co-Founder of Little White Sneakers
We chat about:
- How waste and overproduction of clothing in the fashion industry inspired her business
- Must-know steps when opening up a brick and mortar business
- How her logo symbolizes rebirth and connection to the earth
- Kara’s tips for creating excitement and buzz via email and social media marketing
- Her company’s biggest wins and challenges throughout this time
- The mental benefit of staying active and impact it has had on her career
- How calming your body through activity has the same impact as meditation
Connect with Kara:
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/little_white_sneakers
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/lilwhitesneaks
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karak/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlewhitesneakers
- Blog: https://www.littlewhitesneakers.com/blogs/media
*Be sure to shop their daily sales and promotions over on Instagram*
Connect with Nathalie:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pictonatphoto/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/pictonatphotography
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pictonatbrandingcreative/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathalie-amlani/
- Brand Builder Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/brandbuildersociety
- Website: https://pictonat.com
Hit the button below to stay in the know and be first to be notified when an episode drops each week.
About the Podcast Host:
Hi, I'm your host Nathalie Amlani, a brand strategist, photographer, soulful entrepreneur, and visual storyteller. I help female entrepreneurs look and feel amazing online. Imagine creating a strong personal brand that authentically deepens connections with your audience and leads an increase in business revenue and joy (yes, that's what help do!). I value community and this podcast brings to life the vision of having a hub of curated experiences and information that enables powerful growth as a collective.