Episode #7: How to Shine Online with Your Personal Brand with Nathalie Amlani
Have you ever wondered what brand management is, and how it can benefit your business? It’s so much more than brand colours and fonts, and this week on the podcast I sit down with Katherine Choi, an engineer turned Brand Manager at Nestle, to talk all about it.
Starting her career as a chemical engineer, she realized it wasn't her passion and went to pursue a career in marketing and business management, so she got an MBA at Rotman School of Business. She has worked on both the agency side and product side in terms of branding, marketing, and product development for major consumer goods companies such as Heinz, Mattel, and Nestle on various brands and categories. Product marketing and branding is her expertise and she looks forward to sharing her knowledge in this conversation.
“Test and learn is still the very best because when you ask potential consumers about what they think about products, how they answer may not actually be how they would buy. If someone paid for something, that's the true, true test.” - Katherine Choi
In this episode:
- Brand management for products vs. services
- Different stages of brand awareness
- How to position your brand in the market
- Tips to manage a brand for continuous growth
- Tips for working with freelancers and agencies
- Different types of media spend
Connect with Katherine:
Connect with Nathalie:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pictonatphoto/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/pictonatphotography
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pictonatbrandingcreative/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathalie-amlani/
- Brand Builder Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/brandbuildersociety
- Website: https://pictonat.com
Hit the button below to stay in the know and be first to be notified when an episode drops each week.
About the Podcast Host:
Hi, I'm your host Nathalie Amlani, a brand strategist, photographer, soulful entrepreneur, and visual storyteller. I help female entrepreneurs look and feel amazing online. Imagine creating a strong personal brand that authentically deepens connections with your audience and leads an increase in business revenue and joy (yes, that's what help do!). I value community and this podcast brings to life the vision of having a hub of curated experiences and information that enables powerful growth as a collective.