Episode #8: Using Your Core Values and Embracing Yourself for Organic Online Growth and Connection with Emily Edwards, The Good Birth Co.
This week on the podcast, I chatted with Emily Edwards, a registered nurse and founder of The Good Birth Co., about birthing a business and growing a community.
Emily is here to change the culture of perinatal care. The Good Birth Co. is an online space that provides full-spectrum pregnancy, birth, and postpartum support. She helps people create the birth experience they want or process the one they didn’t. Dismantling the systems that never served the people drives her work.
“You can see now again in my social media presence that I love to challenge the status quo. I love to push boundaries. I love to start controversial conversations around tough topics.” - Emily Edwards, The Good Birth Co.
In this episode:
- How the traumatic birth experience of her first child led to creating her business
- How her branding challenges the typical branding found in the wellness space, and why she wanted it to be that way
- The impact community has had on her business and networking
- Tips for breaking through your fear of showing up authentically online
- How she redefines storytelling as part of her birthing work
Emily loves hip hop, is married to a recording artist and is the mom of three brilliant kids. She’s obsessed with dog training and is figuring out how to live with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Connect with Emily:
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/thegoodbirthco
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilyedwardsbscn/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thegoodbirthco
- Podcast: thegoodbirthco.com/podcast
Connect with Nathalie:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pictonatphoto/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/pictonatphotography
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pictonatbrandingcreative/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathalie-amlani/
- Brand Builder Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/brandbuildersociety
- Website: https://pictonat.com
Hit the button below to stay in the know and be first to be notified when an episode drops each week.
About the Podcast Host:
Hi, I'm your host Nathalie Amlani, a brand strategist, photographer, soulful entrepreneur, and visual storyteller. I help female entrepreneurs look and feel amazing online. Imagine creating a strong personal brand that authentically deepens connections with your audience and leads an increase in business revenue and joy (yes, that's what help do!). I value community and this podcast brings to life the vision of having a hub of curated experiences and information that enables powerful growth as a collective.