Episode #9: Healing Your Mind and Gut with Laura Niesslein, Founder of Shey Wellness
In this week’s episode, I sit down with Laura Niesslein, a nutritionist, registered massage therapist, yoga instructor, and the owner of Shey Wellness, a Toronto-based clinic.
Laura and I met a few years ago when I did branding photos for her business and I recently completed her Shey Method Nutrition and Wellness program.
She has over 12 years of experience in the health and wellness industry and her passion lies in educating people and supporting them on their journey to looking and feeling their best — while still allowing for indulgences!
“You can see now again in my social media presence that I love to challenge the status quo. I love to push boundaries. I love to start controversial conversations around tough topics.” - Emily Edwards, The Good Birth Co.
In this episode:
- How stress and overworking contributes to rising health issues an leaky gut
- How your gut is linked to your mental health
- What a journey to healing a leaky gut looks like
- Shifts you can make to overcome overwhelm as an entrepreneur
- Tips to manage your stress as we move through season changes
Laura is primarily focused on digestive health and stress management. What makes her practice unique is that she applies her extensive knowledge in nutrition, massage, reiki and yoga therapy to provide a holistic approach to her clients.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get 10% off of Laura’s Shey Method Nutrition and Wellness Program by mentioning the Focal Tangent podcast https://www.sheywellness.com/the-shey-method
Connect with Laura:
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/sheywellness
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/shey-wellness-clinic
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/sheywellness
- Shey Wellness Shop: https://www.sheywellness.com/wellness-shop
Connect with Nathalie:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pictonatphoto/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/pictonatphotography
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pictonatbrandingcreative/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathalie-amlani/
- Brand Builder Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/brandbuildersociety
- Website: https://pictonat.com
Hit the button below to stay in the know and be first to be notified when an episode drops each week.
About the Podcast Host:
Hi, I'm your host Nathalie Amlani, a brand strategist, photographer, soulful entrepreneur, and visual storyteller. I help female entrepreneurs look and feel amazing online. Imagine creating a strong personal brand that authentically deepens connections with your audience and leads an increase in business revenue and joy (yes, that's what help do!). I value community and this podcast brings to life the vision of having a hub of curated experiences and information that enables powerful growth as a collective.